Why Patients Should Try Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections Before Knee Replacement Surgery
PRP - The Game Changer
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) uses a patient's own blood cells to accelerate healing in a specific area. Platelets are a type of blood cell that plays a vital role in healing and tissue repair.
- CaringMedical.com describes as "Your blood platelets contain growth and healing factors. When concentrated through simple centrifuging, your blood plasma becomes “rich” in healing factors, thus the name Platelet RICH plasma. Platelets are central in blood clotting and wound/injury healing."
How Does PRP Work?
PRP contains high levels of growth factors and other proteins that are essential for healing. When PRP is introduced into the knee, it helps to reduce inflammation, promote tissue regeneration, and lubricate the joint. This can lead to a significant improvement in pain, function, and range of motion.
Benefits of PRP Injections for Knee Replacement
PRP injections can offer a number of benefits for patients who are considering knee replacement surgery, including:
- Reduced pain and inflammation: PRP can help to reduce inflammation and pain in the knee joint. This can lead to improved function and quality of life.
- Delay or eliminate need for surgery: PRP injections can help to delay or eliminate the need for knee replacement surgery in many patients. This can give patients the opportunity to enjoy their active lifestyles and avoid the risks and complications associated with surgery.
- Non-surgical procedure: PRP is a non-surgical procedure, which means that there is no downtime or recovery time involved. Patients can typically return to their normal activities immediately after the injection.
- Safe and effective: PRP injections are a safe and effective treatment for knee pain and osteoarthritis. PRP is made from the patient's own blood, so there is a very low risk of allergic reaction.
Who is a Candidate for PRP Injections?
PRP injections may be an option for patients with a variety of knee conditions, including:
- Meniscus tears
- ACL tears
- Chondral defects
- Patellar tendinitis
- Jumper's knee
- Runner's knee
How to Get Started with PRP Injections
If you are interested in learning more about PRP injections, contact Creek Stone Integrated Medical at 806-355-3000 to schedule a consultation. Our experienced provider will assess your individual needs and determine if PRP injections are right for you.
If you are considering knee replacement surgery, PRP injections are a safe, effective, and non-surgical way to reduce pain, improve function, and delay or even eliminate the need for surgery.
Contact Creek Stone Integrated Medical today at 806-355-3000 to schedule a consultation.
Get better. Faster. For Good
Purchase Dr. Williams's book, a perfect educational tool and research reference for the daily practitioner, from the Amazon store TODAY!
Dr. Jeff Williams, DC, FIANM, DABFP, FMS is double Board Certified as a Fellow in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Orthopedics as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Professionals, Certified in Functional Movement Systems, expert witness in personal injury cases, and chiropractor in Amarillo, TX. As an Amarillo chiropractor, Dr. Williams treats chronic pain, disc pain, low back pain, neck pain, whiplash injuries, and more. Dr. Williams is also the host of The Chiropractic Forward Podcast (https://www.chiropracticforward.com). Through the podcast, Dr. Williams teaches fellow chiropractors and advocates weekly for evidence-based, patient-centered practice through current and relevant research. If you have any questions for Dr. Williams, feel free to email at [email protected] Learn more about Dr. Williams and his practice at https://www.amarillochiropractor.com.
Dr. Williams was voted Best Chiropractor In Amarillo in the Best of Amarillo 2020 & 2021. Dr. Williams's full-time Amarillo chiropractic practice is Creek Stone Integrated Medical at 3501 SW 45th St., Ste. T, Amarillo, TX 79109. If you are searching for a chiropractor near me, Dr. Williams is your Amarillo Chiropractor.
As a service to our readers, Creek Stone Integrated Medical provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or another qualified clinician.