Teeth Whitening In Amarillo TX At Creek Stone Spa
The what’s, where’s, why’s, and how’s of Advanced Teeth Whitening outside of a dental office.
To get started, you need to understand why exactly we started offering Advanced Teeth Whitening in Amarillo. We had been a “chiropractic-only” office here at Creek Stone for several years. There came a time when we had the unique opportunity to expand our business into space next door to us. One of the questions we started to ask ourselves was, “What do we do with all of the extra space that we just don’t need?” The answer was easy: set up a spa in Amarillo!
Yes, we decided to divide our space into the following:
- 1/3 Amarillo Spa
- 2/3 Healthcare
Although one side is separated from the other side, there is no way to avoiding being a bit of a one-stop-shop. When you come through our doors, you will be taken to the right for healthcare (Chiropractic, physiotherapy, exercise/rehab, acupuncture, etc..) or taken to the left for our spa services in Amarillo (Teeth whitening, massage, facials, skincare, eyelash extensions, photo facials, waxing, etc..).
Knowing that we would be offering spa services at our spa in Amarillo, we attended a spa trade show in Dallas back in 2015. The place was FULL of people and products with bright colors, music, and…. you name it. What a show! As we made our way through the building, there was a booth set up that was offering Advanced Teeth Whitening. Not knowing what it was, I kept walking but my wife made me stop.
She said, “You gotta try this.” I did not WANT to try it but, it turns out that I am not the boss. Clearly. Anyway, we got me signed up and I spend the next 45 minutes or so putting gel on my teeth and sitting under a light.
Now there’s something you need to know about me. That is that I’m a tightwad at times. I will admit it. I’m not quick to spend a lot of money right off the bat on things. But, after my 45 minutes ended, I was astounded at the difference and at the brightness of my teeth! I drink A LOT of coffee and was a smoker for 15 years or so. This process didn’t let those factors bother it at all. It took care of it and basically wiped it all away.
I was so amazed that I bought the whole kit and kaboodle right then and there.
When our staff originally went through the process of being certified in teeth whitening, We all learned some pretty impressive facts about our specific product line. Things like:
- It’s the gel that is actually whitening the teeth and it the LED technology (blue light) that simply accelerates the process. This is why, with our Advanced Teeth Whitening, you don’t have to use the trays for several hours over the course of several days.
- Over 95% of customers are satisfied with the results after a 30-45 minutes treatment
- Normally, even customers with very sensitive teeth don’t experience any tooth sensitivity during or after the treatment in our office. This is because we don’t use whitening strips and/or trays.
- There are two kinds of teeth whitening gels: hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide. We use hydrogen peroxide.
- Hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening purposes reacts faster than carbamide peroxide.
- There are different whitening kits that can be used but commonly people use whitening trays to whiten teeth. We use the “paint on” method for a few reasons.
- You don’t have to use trays and trays are a common cause of gum sensitivity following a teeth whitening process.
- We can use 16% solution of hydrogen peroxide with our process and that is the strongest solution you can get outside of a dental office.
- Our process is faster and the results are more impressive while causing the least amount of gum irritation!
What can you expect for your results?
It is important to set the right expectations from the very start. An hour session at Creek Stone will absolutely make your teeth whiter. How much whiter? It really depends on a multitude of factors, including how stained the teeth are before the whitening, what kind of staining agent caused most of the color on the teeth, and how well the person’s enamel reacts to the peroxide in the gel. It also depends on the kind of gel (carbamide vs. hydrogen peroxide) and the concentration of the gel but we already covered that part.
It is wrong to expect the same results from cosmetic teeth whitening than from the treatment performed at a dentist´s office. There are several reasons for this:
- Gel Concentration: A dentist is allowed to use gel concentration up to 3 times higher than in cosmetic dentistry. Thus, while someone performing cosmetic teeth whitening can use up to 16% hydrogen peroxide, dentists normally use 35% hydrogen peroxide (not to be confused with 35% carbamide peroxide, which would be the equivalent of 12% hydrogen peroxide).
- The number of treatments: Whereas dentists typically perform 3 or more treatments in a row (thus 1-hour bleaching) using a higher concentration of gel, the typical cosmetic teeth whitening procedure is a single session. Even if you are doing double-treatments, you are still doing less than the typical treatment performed by a dentist.
- Although, more and more dental offices are beginning to switch to our process because the results are impressive and they don’t have to apply a gum protector or desensitizing gel to achieve the results we get.
During a spa open house last year, we legitimately saw our demonstration model’s teeth brighten 10 shades in one hour!! It was absolutely amazing! However, realistic expectations are approximately 6-8 shades brighter after the process is complete.
We have seen others in our region offering this amazing Advanced Teeth Whitening process for up to $175. Here at Creek Stone, we are offering the exact same service for only $89!
Do not miss out on this service. You do not have to be embarrassed of your yellow teeth. You do not have to hide your smile anymore. We can help brighten your teeth and brighten your day!
Call us at 806-355-3000 and let’s get you signed up right now while you’re thinking about it.
Dr. Jeff Williams, DC, FIANM is a Fellowship-trained Neuromusculoskeletal specialist and chiropractor in Amarillo, TX. As an Amarillo chiropractor, Dr. Williams treats chronic pain, disc pain, low back pain, neck pain, whiplash injuries, and more. Dr. Williams is also the host of The Chiropractic Forward Podcast. Through the podcast, Dr. Williams teaches fellow chiropractors and advocates weekly for evidence-based, patient-centered practice through current and relevant research. If you have any questions for Dr. Williams, feel free to email at [email protected]
Learn more about Dr. Williams and his practice at https://www.amarillochiropractor.com. Dr. Williams's full-time Amarillo chiropractic practice is Creek Stone Integrated Care at 3501 SW 45th St., Ste. T, Amarillo, TX 79109
Be sure to read other articles on our blog such as:
Breaking Up With Your Doctor!
Chiropractor In Amarillo Tells How Chiropractic With Medical Care Is More Effective Than Medical Care By Itself
Something You Probably Haven’t Been Told About Chiropractic Education